The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

560 equipped with evo 3 16g

clevr4

i got the set up together. The car pulls hard, i really like the quick spool. i have the boost control turned all the way down. i hit around 15 lbs of boost. is this normal?im also experiencing possible vac leak? my gauge reads -10 at idle, ive read it should be closer to -20. on decel i steady stay at -20.

i also have been messing with the tune. what should air fuel ratio be at idle ? on wide open throttle ive been trying to get it close to 11 or 12. i think i hit 10.4 so its a little rich .

leaking no oil, no coolant. running nice other then the little things. way happy, thanks all .

prove_it

YAY!!! Good to hear you got it pieced together. What gauge do you have and what cams? My kelford 264s pull about 12-13 inches at 800rpm idle. My gauge only shows 9 though. Gauge isn't exact. If it's a stock wastegate, then 15psi is high for minimum boost, should be around 8-10psi. You can run a direct boost line to the WG to see if it's just your controller.

Yes, I'd recommend no leaner than 11.5:1 fuel ratio. 12 won't make much more power on pump gas, but is much riskier. 11-11.5 is the sweet spot.

clevr4

sweet. i have external waste and my cams are supposedly 252s i think. i actually pulled it today and it hit 20lbs. with not mess with boost controller . i also have to get a new line from controller to nipple on j pipe. that may be the cause.

the air fuel ratio gauge is a aeromotive, does yours show readings at idle? i definitely tuned it to a safer spot but i think im off on weird ends. it reads 16: at 2k in all gears, at idle it doesnt read anything. when i start giving more throttle it will drop nicely to the 10.2 on wot.

im new to tuning, but what i have concluded is it should be a curve from lean to a bit richer under load? i can play with the graph to get what i want, i just know before on wot it was close to 15. which isnt good. i got a couple hits of knock before realizing the ratio. i havent messed with timing and i dont really think i should yet. i just know i could be running more effcient with the fuel, last fill up was 16 mpg. before the swap i was getting 21 city/ 28 hwy. sometimes it would be 17 or 18 but thats with a lot of boosting. .....
i have been driving it like i stole it though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif its a whole new car and im glad i chose this route, my engine is happy to let this turbo do whatever to it. havent had any knock since switching the fuel ratio.

i also have the old t3 setup... i dont know if its worth it to post on the for sale thread. The turbo has bad play in and out but no side to side. the manifold is in decent shape, just retails for like 160. the wastegate is messed up and the downpipe is custom and crappy looking... but if anyone is interested ill post some pictures of it.

boosted_85

the tial wastegate I sold you has a 1 bar spring (14.7psi) installed so you should be able to be run that wo any boost controller. Also make sure that the ref. vac line is connected to the side port and leave the top port vta.

clevr4

i have a hallman controller. its set at 0. but i hade to get a smaller line to fit the nipple on j pipe. but it was too small to fit nipple on controller. so i have the line inside another line then clamped. im sure there is a better method.

clevr4

well i messed with the tune to get better results. i definitely screwed something up. under wide open throttle im hitting fuel cut. right under 3.5k rpms.

i could have possibly popped inter cooler piping but i have tomorrow off so i will be digging through it. might do a boost leak test while im back working with her

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned