The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

+35 offset wheels

kartorium

My camber bolts were moving initially, but I reinstalled them and now it seems to stay put. I must have just not torqued them proper or had the washer lined up wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif Pretty scary the first time it clunked out though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

turbowop

Hoping to not deal with issues on mine, I actually broke out the torque wrench for them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GVR-4

What's the spec on them? I just hit them with the impact. I just bought a camber gage and with luck I hope to do an alignment this week. Too bad I don't have a level place of my own.

pwrneeds90

Wish i could've know all of this I have 245/45/17 on my ultra legeras.My right tire was fine but my left tire was worn out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

bustedsm

I plan on going lower than this, another 1.5-2"....in case you were curious, I have the room to do so comfortably...

2693848819_abe7581ee1_b.jpg

Rolled fenders, pulled about 1" or so. K-sport coil overs and adjustable rear control arms /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

turbowop

I don't even think that's possible. Your front axles will be at a nasty angle and the suspension arms probably close to maxxed in their travel. Not to mention the travel issues you will run into with the front struts.

Why do you want to lower it more? It looks damn good the way it sits, IMO.

Tre3zy

im with wop in this one.... your car looks good as of rite now.... im hoping to get some 5 lugs soon and some evo 9 rims and some d2 suspensions.... and then make 637 sit with minimal fender gaps

bustedsm

Quoting turbowop:
I don't even think that's possible. Your front axles will be at a nasty angle and the suspension arms probably close to maxxed in their travel. Not to mention the travel issues you will run into with the front struts.

Why do you want to lower it more? It looks damn good the way it sits, IMO.

There won't be much of a problem actually, lol. You're assuming I have no idea what I'm doing with lowering a vehicle properly....it's alright though, it'll look good when I'm actually done /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

turbowop

I'm not assuming anything in regards to your mechanical ability. I'm just throwing out the reasons it would be extremely difficult to go lower than your car already is. Can you explain to us what you plan to do? I'm genuinely curious. Two more inches will put your front fender on the wheel, completely tucking the tire. That's a long way down. Have you seen the axle angle with it the way it is? Lowering it more will only make that worse, lessening the life of the CV joints/boots. You'll be going through CV's pretty often and I don't think there is any way to remedy that angle.

I'd also still like to know why you want to lower it more?

Last edited:

turbofonz

Lowered would look better IMO.

I like my cars low. It's all opinion man.

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Why do you guys think I'm criticizing? I wanna know how it can be done, considering the issues I brought up. I think cars look good lowered as well, but at some point it becomes form over function and creates problems. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

atc250r

Staff member
Mark is totally right. As you lower it not only are you going to have to face the problems he mentioned but you are also going to be removing suspension travel unless you have a way to change the length of the shock's body. Going too low will only ruin your handling and ride quality. Lower doesn't necessarily make it handle better. I'm not criticizing at all, just curious how you are going to handle these hurdles. Personally, I think that car looks great the way it sits.

John

H05TYL

Personally I think it's fine at the front, but the rear could do with coming down a bit.
The rear arches aren't as high (from the base of the sideskirt) as the front ones - they are about 1.5-2 inches lower from memory.

The front looks about as low as mine, front driveshaft angle isn't likely to be an issue (not before sump & cross member to ground clearance is) - however rear driveshaft angle IS a problem.

turbowop

IMO, lowering the car to have similar fender gap front/rear looks better than lowering the car to be perfectly level. Both my cars have similar gap front/rear and they look like they sit level to me.

Compare the rocker panels to the driveway:

944a90561cf3162.jpg

Last edited:

Circuit

turbowop, you car looks awesome as always. Unfortunately those wheels are some of the few made in the right size, offset, and pcd for this car. I want something different. 5zigen makes the zn+ 520 in 17x8 +25, how do you think the extra 10mm of poke would work with the right suspension (full coilovers with front camber plates)? And what rear control arms work with these cars?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

+25mm offset on a 17x8 will stick out like pretty bad.

turbofonz

I need my car lower.

I got H&R springs on my car with 17" FN01RC's with +35 offset and it's not low at all. And they stick out too much in the front. Need some front camber too. Looks wack at this ride hieght actually.

Boostdtalon

Ok i just found the Buddy Club P1 racing II. they are offered in a 35+ offset as a 17.7.5.

click

what do ya'll think about these? i've seen them before but only on Honda's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned