The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wheels an offset..

coyotes

Being mid corner makes it hard to tell, but likely yes. How low you want to be will determine how much camber you need. Also will have to roll inner fender lips and, depending on tire width/ ride height... hammer in parts of the fender well. It really boils down to how low you want to go. Closer to stock height + narrower tire means less work for fitment.

EHmotorsports

Quoting prove_it:
My evo 8's bolted on with no camber needed. I think they look fine as is, but will probably add 5mm spacers in the rear. I'm at stock ride height, but will be doing coilovers soon, and by looking at it, I doubt I'll need much camber or any need to "tuck" the rims.

-2.0 to -2.5 camber will be needed for the evo wheels.

prove_it

At what drop? I'm going to be as high as I can with coilovers. They are Evo coilovers too, so the height is taller than GVR4 coilovers.

I still want room above the wheel.

Last edited:

EHmotorsports

3.5" from the lip of the wheel to the edge of the fender. If you are keeping it stock height it doesn't matter what camber you have to clear the fenders.

EHmotorsports

I guess we just have different ideas of what "tuck" means. to me tuck means you will lower the car and tuck the wheels.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting Typhoonguy:
I found some rota slip streams that i really like they are 16x8 with a 40 offset. Does this sound like it might fit? I have also ordered the bc coil overs

This size wheel should fit fine. Stock offset is 46, albeit a much narrower wheel. I have 17 x 8 with about +43 offset. I didn't want the fronts to stick out, and want the rears to be out further. I think I have 5 or 10 mm spacers on the rear.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned