The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2g downpipe + 1g "catback" = no extension??

I did search, but I couldn't find an answer to my question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

So, I will install an E3 o2 soon and I also need a new exhaust system.

Will the 2g downpipe and 1g exhaust system eliminate the need of an extension??
If yes, should it be the "long" or the "short" 2g downpipe??

No, you'll need to stick with galant specific catback as the 1G has way less rear overhang. IIRC the 2G DP isn't bent correctly for our platform, and the difference between long and short is the long eliminates the cat, the short doesn't.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brunoboy

You can use a 2 g awd dp and it eliminates the use of a cat and extension....

Brunoboy

And 1g catbacks are short but mated with the 2g dp should be fine if not needs a few inchs of extension

Quoting brunoboy:
You can use a 2 g awd dp and it eliminates the use of a cat and extension....

I stand corrected.

524of1000

Being as I use to run that setup, If you use a 2g AWD DP and a 1g AWD Catback, you WILL still need an extension.

BluFalcon

I'm using a RRE 1G AWD EVO 3 Downpipe, Test Pipe/Cat section that goes into a 1G AWD Catback that's been extended for my GVR4.

Brunoboy

Quoting 524of1000:
Being as I use to run that setup, If you use a 2g AWD DP and a 1g AWD Catback, you WILL still need an extension.

Extension is only about 6' isnt it?

524of1000

It was a bit longer. I think a test pipe would have worked, but I had them weld a pipe in to extend it.

Brunoboy

well I ordered the All Flow Cat from Siliconeintakes.com, It looks like a cat, just add flanges, so if you live in a state with smog. You'd be looking legal without being legal.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned