The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1226/2000

coyotes

Well I skipped doing any compound, it didn't seem to like the temperatures outside today (about 40). Just did Meguiars cleaner wax and a coat of carnauba on top. Looks pretty good, considering. Paint is far from perfect but this will do for now. I could clay bar the car another two times and detail all over again and it would still probably take out as much dirt. I'll save a more thorough detail until spring.

party

coyotes

Have some more pics. Car looks good but you can see it needs some swirl removal work and some buffing in spots. Not bad though for first round of cleanup.

20140117_160641_zps17f267fe.jpg

20140117_160445_zpsf4b3ff75.jpg
20140117_160455_zps6714dae5.jpg

ade

very nice?

EHmotorsports

haha nice! you just need to have green trim hahaha

coyotes

Dropped off my extra engine with Evan today, was good to see him again and see what he's been up to. Glad someone who knows what they're doing has my engine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Picked up my FMIC kit from Paul, was nice to meet him too. Thanks dude.

coyotes

OK so, I've been spending a lotta cash on the car lately, will probably be slowing down here for a bit after I get my tax returns, and will probably just start saving money for my eventual engine swap and just do other small things. But, pending on how much I get back for tax returns, I would like to spend some cash and get one last big thing. but what?

I got all the 5 lug swap stuff ready to go but, along with it should I do 3000GT/cobra brake full upgrade (calipers, pads, lines, rotors, abs delete), or get some BC coilovers? I'm just looking for opinions at this point and to create discussion. Both would be a great upgrade although I think the coilovers would be more beneficial at this point over my stock suspension... Once I go 5 lug I will sell off my stock 4 lug wheels with tires to recoup some of my money. I could possibly get the rotors redrilled to 5 lug to hold me off for now if I don't upgrade the brakes and do coilovers instead.

thoughts?

GSTwithPSI

Coilovers would probably be the best bang for the buck. It would be a big suspension upgrade, plus really improve the overall appearance of the car. Especially since you have those nice Enkei wheels to throw on there.

Get used to spending a lot of cash on the car. It never gets better...

coyotes

With my FMIC kit came a gm maf + translator. Should I run that or just use my stock maf for now?

transparentdsm

i like them, but when you change elevation you need to retune, also when the temperature changes, like summer winter tunes. and im not sure if you have a wideband, but if you don't i would not use it. blind tuning is dangerous.

coyotes

Thats my thought, I may save it for later. I also don't want to wire it up, lol.

Hopefully stock maf will be compatable with the piping I have.

coyotes

Thanks. I need to figure out a battery relocation also. I'm gonna mock the piping up this week and see if I can do a civic battery or other will fit.

transparentdsm

on 1078 we have a 1g battery tray and it sits in the same spot a DSM one does, but you have to remove the cruise control and remount the washer bottle. on 138 i have it in the trunk, i bought a kit off ebay click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts