The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4g63 SOHC

Gilga5

Any one know where i can find parts for a single cam engine for a 1990 Mitsubishi Galant? Such as headers, intake ect......
Also looking for right front fender and rear right door since someone hit my car.

Last edited:

Gilga5

Is there another car that correlate with single cam galant i seen og eclipses have single cams if not mistaking.

thomcasey

In the US would be the 1st Gen Mitsubishi Expo. The 1g DSM had a 1.8 as it's only SOHC.

Gilga5

I figured, do you think the rear suspension would be interchangeable 1st gen eclipse to Galant. I know the vr4 front suspension fit on the single cam galant.
Also, want to find a site where i can buy headers and other aftermarket parts.

gvr4ever

I wouldn't bother spending money on a SOHC engine, even if you find the parts. At least go for a 4G63t swap.

thomcasey

You have a FWD platform. Converting it to AWD would require just as much modification as would converting a Dodge colt to AWD. It would be a tremendous amount of work with zero reward

Gilga5

No way would I waste money converting. Like you said no point. Oh well. Car does history since it has been with me forever. But all i want it just a simple clean car with rims and lowered.

Gilga5

Yeah going with dohc wouldnt be bad. But i am planning to just import a vr4 from Japan since the prices range from 6-9k, with low miles and clean.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts