The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fuel pressure

Steve885

I need to know what pressure to set the regulator... I have a 2.3...I ve done some research and have found no answers currently its at around 45 psi idling...

tektic

If I had to set my fuel pressure I would start with stock, set the ecu to open loop mode and log my wide band. if the wideband was different than the target af ratio i'd adjust the fuel pressure accordingly. This would only be after setting my specific fuel injector and maf sensor parameters though.

EMX5636

Stock 1G/GVR4 manual trans is 37psi. 2G is 43psi. This is both with the vacuum hose pinched off or removed from the regulator. I usually do 40-45psi base on a modded car.

tektic

It you just turn the fuel pressure up without letting the ecu know, doesn't it run rich all the time?
I thought an upgraded fpr was mainly because upgraded pumps over run stock units.

EMX5636

Ah, then yes. Find out what the Keydiver is set for. You can request it with 37 or 43psi at least. Sorry, I assumed DSMLink.

EMX5636

Quoting tektic:
It you just turn the fuel pressure up without letting the ecu know, doesn't it run rich all the time?
I thought an upgraded fpr was mainly because upgraded pumps over run stock units.

This is true, but the ECU will detect the A/F via the O2 sensor and pull some fuel out of it. It can only go so far, but a couple PSI wouldn't be an issue. And FWIW, I think most injector "flow ratings" are at 43 or 45psi. That seems to be the norm anymore. 1G auto's were 43psi with little 390cc injectors as well.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned