The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

oil pressure

yeti

The other day after i set my oil pressure gauge up, it read 45 psi at idle, now when i come to a stop it reads 7psi sometimes, but sometimes it reads 20 psi at idle..

What the hell is going on, my pump going out?

or is this sh*t mechanical gauge not working?

Vr4junkie

1. Your pump might be going out so will your motor if it that is the case.

2. Oil pressure gauge is not installed properly.

Last edited:

yeti

yes i have it screwed into the stock oil pressure sending unit spot,

the vibrations is causing it to give me false readings at idle? good to know, will order one of them asap..

Street Surgeon

Just because your pressure sending unit is installed in the stock spot DOES NOT mean it won't read correctly! My highly modified 2.3l had the OP sensor installed in the stock location and it read juuuuuuuust fine. So answer these questions for us if you don't mind.

1. What kind of oil pressure gauge are you using? What brand and is it and is it a mechanical OP gauge or an electrical gauge with a sending unit?

Oil pressure is nothing to mess around with, so verify EVERYTHING is hooked up correctly and personally I'd get a cheapo sunpro mechanical gauge from autozone and make double sure everything is working right.

yeti

im using a mechanical OP gauge, from kragen..

could it be just the gauge?

it wouldent be crazy if this pump was going out, i don't know if it has straight cut gears, and it was ran on my last engine...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts