The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new owner of 657/2000 with ECU question

Hey guys im new to the gvr4 platfor but not the 4g63. Ive owned a few dsm and like to think I can get arund the usual hiccups by using the search button.
Anyway a while back I bought a JDM enine and transmission complete with haness and ecu And only used the engune on my 1g gst.
I never got around to selling all the spare parts.
All in all long story short I have a jdm dual board eprom ecu and wanna know if I can use ecmlink with it?

I tried doing reaserch and found a bunch of people in other fourms saying it wont work and then I stumbled on this video. I figured if this guy can run it with a chip I dont see why it wouldnt run with ecmlink. Im not an expert on ecu's so thats why I am asking.

This is the video I found.
click

If I can get any help id greatly appreciate it.
Thanks in advanced.

I thought about doing that I just wanted to see if anyone has tried it before I gave them a call. Hopefully someone on here has first hand experience with this. Id like to get some opinions.
Thanks for the reply.

jnava

Staff member
The guys at ECMLINK are really cool. You really should just directly contact them to get a definitive answer. Cut the middle man out and get it directly from the main source.

I just got a response from the guys at ECMtuning.
They said they couldnt do anything with it.
I thought it'd turn out that way.
Ill just stash the ecu and keep it as a spare.
Maye tinker with it like the guy on youtube.

Thanks for the responses guys I appreciate it.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned