The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

sholuld i buy this ? 91 eclipse gst --800$

yeti

the owner tells me the engines still running strong he told me the bottom end may need rebuilding and I HAVE heard the head may need top be replaced because it was machined beyond tolerance.

I have tried to get him down to 500 and he thought about it and still shot me down to 800..
here's the link to it just wondering if anyone on here would even consider this for 800$

click

14u2nV

If the bottom end, and the top end need rebuilt, interior is trash/missing, sunroof gone, windshield cracked, who knows what else,, I wouldn't even consider it. ESPECIALLY when you are having as much trouble as you are just getting your galant running. I get the impression you like to bite off more than you can chew quite often. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

donkeylips

From someone who is constantly entertaining buying POS DSMs and has done it countless times, I would pass on this one. AWD would be a different story because then you've got more parts compatible with the Galant. Might be worth it with big-ticket items in near-perfect condition - like a low mileage 6-bolt with no problems/leaks and fresh parts.

x2 with Kenny, you should get yours running solid before you piss yourself off with another POS that won't run.

mitsuturbo

I'd have to go ahead and check the "NO" box, on that one. $500 might be ok, especially if it has a GOOD fwd turbo tranny, and the bottom has not been rebuilt yet.

yeti

Good to have others input I'll wait a while to have to find another fwd dsm.

+ the reason I want another car I want a car I can drive daily and not be afraid of accident or getting robbed and I want car I can run hard on and DO NOT want to hurt the galant. Also I want to learn the stress of fwd

Quoting yeti:

+ the reason I want another car I want a car I can drive daily and not be afraid of accident or getting robbed and I want car I can run hard on and DO NOT want to hurt the galant. Also I want to learn the stress of fwd

If you want to drive a fwd turbo come down and take my mirage for a drive...You'll be wishing for AWD..

yeti

yes i love zee GIANT CHEEZEBURGER..i figure the more cars a own the more i get to learn /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

and getting a 4th car at 18 probably would not be a great idea i should probably sell one first

dsmtalontsi95

Better deals are out there. Just gotta watch craigslist. Use searchtempest.com. I found my dd (91 tsi awd) for $300, it ran and the guy towed it to my house for free. All it needed was a clutch.

Barnes

Quoting FavNumber:
1 4g63 car is usually enough for even veterens. You won't learn more with more cars you'll just be more broke and overwhelmed.

/thread

AnotherNewb

Quoting Jesse_W:
Quoting yeti:

If you want to drive a fwd turbo come down and take my mirage for a drive...You'll be wishing for AWD..

Qft!!! That mirage is stupid fast and scary.

Quoting FavNumber:
Get a crx or something to daily and beat on while you work on your Galant. And stop trying to eat HUGE sandwiches!

I agree one DSM, with problems apparently, is more than enough to teach you about Mitsu AWD turbo nightmares!
If you are interested in learning mechanical stuff, find something else that presents more simplistic problems, preferably a different manufacturer. They all have different approaches to the same concepts.

Lol no ^^^ but at shootout i may let you drive it. haha..

BTW back to the thread. Me and my friend started we both had fwd 2g talons.. We started by reading dsmtuners. it has everything you ever need to know with vfaq. First thing I ever tried was replacing my 2g's struts. 12 hours later and bad sunburn later it was done. Felt pretty good, of course first starting out you will break things, screw up new parts. It happens but you have to learn some way.

Jesse

yeti

good advice spent a few hours today removing my friends snapped control arm,strut and axle that were twisted and wedged all special cause he slammed into a wall..

anyway i found a gst for 500 need rebuilt engine IS THAT A GOOD DEAL?
just a thought?

14u2nV

OMG, seriously. Are you wanting us to not help you anymore??? IS YOUR GALANT DONE? you are NOT going to be any better off buying another project, trust me,, I have about 20 projects.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting FavNumber:
1 4g63 car is usually enough for even veterens.

So I have three in the driveway and a 4G64. Is this bad?

yeti

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Hah
You know you guys sound like everyone else I told about both the cars hahaha...

And hey now .
All I got left to do now on my galant is the idle surge when cold.
And get bigger injectors + injectors seals cause mine are shot...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I know I was hitting fuel cut because of dsmlink...log and shows how much percentage of injecors I used I used 97%. Oh and tps sensor. I've adjusted over and over and stil get same code so imma TRY another

Not to much right?
Haha
Thank everyone for wise advice
Just gonna throw more money at my other cars for the time being

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned