The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wipers

wen i turn my wipers either on high or low they go the same speed and the intermittent works and squirters work but only wen it all want to but y do they move the same speed on either high or low

any ideas where to get one i checked autozone its 200$ and i looked at dsmpartout but is there any warrenty or guarntee that there parts work

is there a relay for the wipers and also what is the relay that is mounted right next to wiper motor with riber gromet

^ I would like more information on this also. I have the same issue and I was going to change the motor but this multi-switch seems more logical. Any idea where these parts are located /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif?

iwas thinking about changinig my multi switch but 200$ at my local auto part

turbowop

Usually the relay goes bad. That one by the wiper motor. Borrow a known good one from a buddy to see if that's the problem before spending any money.

i been messing around and came to think that the relay is ok and so is the switch i personaly think its the motor getting old does anyone know where to get a new one

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
If the wipers work, it is not the motor, or they wouldn't move at all. the motor is only doing what it is told.

misterfixit

the motor has three brushes inside. one is only used to advance the motor timing to give the higher speed (thats what the relay switches in). If the car is quite old I'd guess the brushes are crapped out.

Rich

thats what i figured but everyone i talked to says no because its like wen a fuel pump works wen it wants after u run it for a while it goes good but u stop its hard to get started

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned