The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

low idle

didnt know how to word title. So wen i start the car it runs more or less at 1k but wen i drive and let off clutch to cum up to a stop sign or sumtin the rpms drop so low the car wants to die. what can i do to fix this

1990ggsxnj

Quoting agent23:
didnt know how to word title. So wen i start the car it runs more or less at 1k but wen i drive and let off clutch to cum up to a stop sign or sumtin the rpms drop so low the car wants to die. what can i do to fix this

I didn't know how to work THE title. So WHEN I start the car it runs more or less at 1k but WHEN I drive and let off OF THE clutch WHILE COMING up to a stop sign or SOMETHING the rpms drop so low the car wants to die. What can I do to fix this?

Not being crazy here bud but help us help you.
I would try keeping your issues in one post next time as they can often relate to each other and that also will help us help you.

Go to VFAQ.com and take a look at adjusting the idle. There's lots of other stuff interesting and good to know as well while you're there.

Last edited:

1990ggsxnj

1gt - this is a 1g DSM turbo which is similar in many ways.

What is the deal with all of these bad idle threads? Seriously, go to VFAQ.COM, anything that anyone of us will say to you is posted on that website.

Adjust your BISS screw.

1990ggsxnj

At the top of the Newbies forum there is a sticky that states "Welcome Newbies, Please Read!". So... please read.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned