The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

aluminum radiator brazing

dsmless

so my radiator has a couple pin hole leaks from the wategate rubibg up on it, (yeah me being dumbass), so I took it to a radiator shop and they said it cant be braised, so has anyone done this or tryed it out, I really dont want to buy another radiator, and I dont see a justification in running a stock on, so anyone>?

dsmless

never mind, its easier to cut out the fins/tubes and fill weld the holes, will post a couple pics when i can,

BoostedAWD91

i have alittle leak in my aluminum radiator as well, i am just gonna take it down to my welder and have her weld the bar closed

dsmless

yeah thats what I had to do the problem was that the holes were kinda in the middle so yeah we just cut out the tubes and welded it up

JNR

Another option: If they're small, that radiator stop leak (the pellets) work great. I did this on my chevelle years ago on the oem (I now have a new alum. unit), after a razor blade fell onto the fan, and cut a bunch of the tubes on the radiator, causing a good leak. Put that stuff in and it held for years!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned