GalantVR4.org The Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Forum
Galant VR-4 Forums » Galant VR-4 » Newbies » Re: Wire Tuck
Previous thread Next thread

Re: Wire Tuck

turbowop
Hard Snarker
1051/2000

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 857434 posted 12/12/09 06:09 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Quoting H05TYL:

3000 vr4's were sold in the US, that hardly makes them rare.

Considering the population, that's pretty damn rare. With how many are left out of that original 3000, even moreso. The U.S. only has about 300,000,000 m0ar people than NZ, no bigs.

-Mark

A face only a grocery shopper could love.

Edited by turbowop (12/12/09 06:10 PM)

Posts: 11965 | From: Yakima, WA | Member Since: 04/29/01 | IP: (97.90.49.2) | Report this post to a Moderator

ItsAliiive
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 857570 posted 12/13/09 02:34 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Word.

And don't kid yourself, these cars are a piece of Mitsubishi's history. If the Galant didn't open the door for Mitsu to walk into WRC then none of us would be reading this thread right now.

As for the fuse box and to remove or not to remove, do whatever you want, its your car. Just my personal opinion but I would rather buy a car with the fuse box untouched, unless the owner had catalogged every step with clear, detailed pictures and the quality was evident.

| | | IP: (68.2.24.88) | Report this post to a Moderator

bustedsm
trying to feel really special

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 857574 posted 12/13/09 03:07 PM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post      
Boo fucking hoo!!

After shaving many holes...

Two years ago...

Get over it, jesus christ. However, I will never put a cage in the car, that's pushing it.

2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636 - Raw Plasma Candy Blue

Posts: 844 | From: Ripley, Tennessee | Member Since: 11/30/06 | IP: (24.107.91.128) | Report this post to a Moderator

t4vr4
Unregistered

Galant VR-4 org Post #: 858643 posted 12/17/09 08:40 AM     Remind Me!  Send Private Message   Edit Post   
personally, i dont see how id be ruining history. car are just another way we are allowed to express ourselves and our individuality. so no i dont want to go back to hondas but there are different things you can learn from workin on different types of vehicles. tricks and customizimg vehicles are the same yet different for every vehicle. but a wire tuck is a clean and inexpensive way to clean up your engine bay without putting a bunch of high dollar bolt-ons on.
Quoting fivestardsm:

DONT! go back to honda if you want to do that! I have one that the guy started to do a wire tuck. It is not impossible, but your ruining a piece of history, not just one of 100-kabillion other hondas.

This is my opinion. Expescially with the fact that it seems like the GVR4 has twice as many wires as a honda, and not as smart of a harness configuration as the hondas do. I have a couple hondas also, and I can see where you could do it with out a serious issue unlike the VR4. Just deal with it.

Unless you are going for a national champion show car anyway, but then Id still say dont destroy a piece of history.

And again....Not a DSM, DSM's were just another 100-kabillion 2 Door cars that if you wanted to destory, you could easily find another once it was ghettoed and riced out to swap the motor and trans into when you came to your sences and realized that sleeper is a life style of its own.

| | | IP: (75.203.116.202) | Report this post to a Moderator

Pages: 1 | 2
Previous thread Next thread

Extra information
0 registered and 12 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Galant VR4.org Moderator:  Hertz, curtis, steve, atc250r, jcgalntvr4-244, cheekychimp, jepherz, Rausch, toybreaker, iceman69510, pot, FlyingEagle 

Print Thread

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Thread views: 10911

Rate this thread

News & Events: News | Events
Galant VR-4: Newbies | General VR4 Discussions | Technical Discussions | How To and Info Archive
Marketplace: Parts For Sale | Cars For Sale | Good Guys | Bad Guys
Community: Members' Showcase

Contact Us | Privacy statement GalantVR-4.org

Generated in 0.065 seconds in which 0.052 seconds were spent on a total of 14 queries. Turbo powered.

Hertz's Galant VR-4 Page