The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wire Tuck

turbofonz

far from a tuck, just relocated wires. NO modifications done to any wiring. Fusebox is still in stock location, which is the worst looking part IMO, but look at the firewall. Nothing:

48411.jpg

fivestardsm

Quoting Whoodoo:

Quote:
as for filling in unused holes in the engine bay, sure it takes away "stock-ness",

I refering to the main wire loom hole(s).

Quote:
As soon as you change the turbo, or the shocks, or anything, the car is no longer stock.

Can always be reverted to stock.

Quote:
Take a hot rod for example. A 32 ford coupe is sweet when its all done up, and thats far from stock but no one says 'awwww, jeez it would be way better if you had kept the old drum brakes.

Very true, and as rare as it is to find a 32 ford coupe, this is not a discussion on what to do with a "HotRod"

Quote:
I say, if you do it well, then more power it to you. Getting things clean is always the cherry on top of a sweet ride.

I agree with this.

fivestardsm

Quoting H05TYL:
Quoting fivestardsm:
DONT! go back to honda if you want to do that! I have one that the guy started to do a wire tuck. It is not impossible, but your ruining a piece of history, not just one of 100-kabillion other hondas.

What on earth are you on about? 3000 vr4's were sold in the US, that hardly makes them rare.

I think that this does qualify it as rare. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Just because there are 20k+ in other countries, dosent make it any less rare for a U.S. Spec GVR4. Its not like we are going to see an invasion of them imported in to the U.S. to be driven on the streets here.

Also, in general, this is why the internet is so biased. Can anyone actually say that as I sat here typing my initial post that I was jumping up and down in my chair and beating my fist on the wall be cause I punctuated my point?

It was mearly me trying to get my oppinion out. And like stated previously, I already agreed that I could have come off a little more Low-key on the subject.

I realize that I should have stated itin a way that was more of a reassureing hint rather than a flat out "DONT"

It should have read something more like this:

Yes tucking is a clean modification that makes the engine bay more aesthetically pleasing, but I would suggest not going to far as to say weld all the holes up and try to make it look like the motor is just floating in the bay with out anything around it. This would take a lot of effort which would be far greater exurted toward other performance aspects of the car.

You do own a vehicle that has its share of monstositous amounts of cluter under the hood, but it can be minimalized in a very clean and organized way with out getting into to much of a project.

What are your thoughts on how much you want to do?

Good luck.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

Once again, to me , this still all goes back to a matter of opinions. I think you both have some strong points on the subject.
Me personally, I'm not hacking sh*t on my baby.........hiding maybee, but no butchering. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

iLLeffeKt vr-4

In my opinion.......its your car, do whatever you want to it. Good luck.

Last edited:

turbowop

Quoting H05TYL:
3000 vr4's were sold in the US, that hardly makes them rare.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Considering the population, that's pretty damn rare. With how many are left out of that original 3000, even moreso. The U.S. only has about 300,000,000 m0ar people than NZ, no bigs. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

Word.

And don't kid yourself, these cars are a piece of Mitsubishi's history. If the Galant didn't open the door for Mitsu to walk into WRC then none of us would be reading this thread right now.

As for the fuse box and to remove or not to remove, do whatever you want, its your car. Just my personal opinion but I would rather buy a car with the fuse box untouched, unless the owner had catalogged every step with clear, detailed pictures and the quality was evident.

bustedsm

Boo f***ing hoo!!

After shaving many holes...
DSC_0983.jpg

Two years ago...
DSC_1539.jpg

Get over it, jesus christ. However, I will never put a cage in the car, that's pushing it.

personally, i dont see how id be ruining history. car are just another way we are allowed to express ourselves and our individuality. so no i dont want to go back to hondas but there are different things you can learn from workin on different types of vehicles. tricks and customizimg vehicles are the same yet different for every vehicle. but a wire tuck is a clean and inexpensive way to clean up your engine bay without putting a bunch of high dollar bolt-ons on.Quoting fivestardsm:
DONT! go back to honda if you want to do that! I have one that the guy started to do a wire tuck. It is not impossible, but your ruining a piece of history, not just one of 100-kabillion other hondas.

This is my opinion. Expescially with the fact that it seems like the GVR4 has twice as many wires as a honda, and not as smart of a harness configuration as the hondas do. I have a couple hondas also, and I can see where you could do it with out a serious issue unlike the VR4. Just deal with it.

Unless you are going for a national champion show car anyway, but then Id still say dont destroy a piece of history.

And again....Not a DSM, DSM's were just another 100-kabillion 2 Door cars that if you wanted to destory, you could easily find another once it was ghettoed and riced out to swap the motor and trans into when you came to your sences and realized that sleeper is a life style of its own.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned