The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AWS line/hose help

boosted_85

Today when I started my car up today I notice that my aws light came on. So I turn off the car and look underneath the car and saw a huge puddle of power steering fluid. The fluid was coming down on two aws hoses I believe, its pair together right underneath the frame on the passenger side towards the front just after the trans. I didn't have a floor jack handy to trace it to where it goes to but since everyone has done a aws delete, hopefully you guys and point me to the right direction on which line they are and how I can order replacements and or part numbers. Thanks.

here are some pictures

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Not enough detail. You will have to get under there and actually see which lines are leaking.

boosted_85

sorry about that, its the line with the silver zip tie on it? the other one seems to been leaking before and the past owner must of fixed it with a compression fitting.

I tried going OEM and they are no longer made I got mine on ebay off a junk car, You might be able to use the lines off a 3000gt vr4.

EMX5636

I'm pretty sure they are metric. But any capable hydraulic shop in your area should be able to build you something within an hour. You'll probably have to remove the lines and have them copy them (might even need to use your line nuts).

But as someone already mentioned, the lines are no longer available from Mitsu IIRC.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting phreak:
Are the fittings on these lines metric?

Most of the flare nut fittings are 14 x 1.5 mm.

Some of the hard lines for the steering rack are available, but I don't think any of the long hard lines or the hoses are.

atc250r

Staff member
Save yourself the hassle and just put a 1G DSM rack in. That will get rid of the 4WS and any of the problems associated with it.

Our dealership here said they can get them( hard and hose's), but there on average about 3 bills each. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
I have a couple of the host lines setting on my porch now awaiting installation.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned