The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Cyclone intake?

Hi!

I was just wondering, whats a good price on a Cyclone intake?? Where does everyone get a cyclone intake?? i Didn't find any on Ebay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I might be intrested in a cyclone intake!! =)

OK... seems kind a hard to bye from there, don't have any conections there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Just posted a WTB thread, hope someone have a cyclone for sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

belize1334

Just be patient...they come in from time to time. Somebody will buy a JDM engine and then put a SMIM on it and voila...cyclone manifold for sale.

Scientist

I may consider selling mine including a JDM Ecu....gotta wait and see if i didn't get scammed on a 90 ecu and DSM link first

FlyingEagle

Staff member
There is a Cylcone dual runner intake with most of the accessories attached for sale at www.4g61t.org (tstkl is the username) but I've bid on it already to him, so they are around and the one I bid on, may still be for sale. He was thinking of the $75 US price range plus shipping.

Sorry if this allready has been aswered before but is there any diference at all between the "ECI MULTI Turbo Intercooler" and the "Cyclone Turbo Intercooler"??

I think that it was somewhere here where i read that the "Cyclone Turbo Intercooler" is the same as the regular ECI Multi intake (stock one) and that is was only the "ECI MULTI Turbo Intercooler" that had the dual runners... is that true? Can't find much about those intakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I'm not sure about the labeling; I've heard several different things over the years. The easiest way to tell is to just look at it; the dual runners should be obvious, as well as the flanges in the middle of the runners where the multipiece manifold is bolted together. If you have a pic of one and can read the lettering, you should be able to see enough to tell whether or not it's a cyclone manifold.

eviLntt

Quoting Mr_Wolfy:
Sorry if this allready has been aswered before but is there any diference at all between the "ECI MULTI Turbo Intercooler" and the "Cyclone Turbo Intercooler"??

I think that it was somewhere here where i read that the "Cyclone Turbo Intercooler" is the same as the regular ECI Multi intake (stock one) and that is was only the "ECI MULTI Turbo Intercooler" that had the dual runners... is that true? Can't find much about those intakes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

From what I remember when I was looking into the Cyclone intakes is that the ECU Muti Turbo is the same as the Cyclone, they just came on different cars in Japan... in fact with a little searching here I found this.

misterfixit

up to 90.10 says "cyclone". 90.10 onwards says "eci multi" (yellow top injectors/ 240hp spec)

Rich

Thanks for that information!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Now i just need to find one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
If the deal falls through on what I was looking at, you are welcome to the other unit I have been contacted about. Give me a shout in a week or so, and I'll have more details. Hopefully we can find you something appropriate.

Last edited:

Thank you FlyingEagle for your offer, but I bought a Cyclone from autobahntom 2 weeks ago and got it today! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Mine arrived 2 days ago! I've never seen a part this clean except to be pulled from an Air Cared stored car with low miles.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned