The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

jdm cyclone intake manfold .

coolclean577

What do I need to run a cyclone intake. But I got a cyclone intake just laying around my house wanted to put it on but don't know what I need? It have the coil pack on it .

Barnes

Have you tried searching? This has been covered a hundred million times. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

toybreaker

iconoclast
Moved this to the newbie section so he can get some usable input.

Not all members are well versed in the search function here.

Maybe you could help him out with a link?

thanks!

DR1665

EDIT: In the interest of getting more people running these, here's the two threads I've got bookmarked on the Cyclone for future reference. Hope they help.

click

click

When you're in a thread you want to be able to pull up quickly later on, click this guy -->
addreminder.gif
to add the thread to your own list under My Home at the top of the page. Makes things easier to find.

And speaking of finding things, here's all you need to know about how the search works here.

1. Click the bold 'Search' link above.
2. You will see a listing of forum areas on the left in a box. Select *GalantVR-4*----
3. On the same page, at the top of the column on the right, enter +"Cyclone" -"Re:"
4. Hit ENTER or scroll down and click the Submit button.

This will show you any threads which mention the Cyclone in our technical sections (sparing you from old sales posts and goofy, off-topic conversations).

The search on this board is not the most intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, man, can it be rewarding.

Give it a shot. As someone who has a Cyclone and has looked this stuff up a few times (but still hasn't installed it) there are multiple ways to hook up the Cyclone, multiple ways to control it, and multiple threads about why different people like the different ways they've hooked it up.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited:

toybreaker

iconoclast
You da man, Brian! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

misterfixit

Don't forget this one!
click

Rich

Quoting DR1665:
EDIT: In the interest of getting more people running these, here's the two threads I've got bookmarked on the Cyclone for future reference. Hope they help.

click

click

When you're in a thread you want to be able to pull up quickly later on, click this guy -->
addreminder.gif
to add the thread to your own list under My Home at the top of the page. Makes things easier to find.

And speaking of finding things, here's all you need to know about how the search works here.

1. Click the bold 'Search' link above.
2. You will see a listing of forum areas on the left in a box. Select *GalantVR-4*----
3. On the same page, at the top of the column on the right, enter +"Cyclone" -"Re:"
4. Hit ENTER or scroll down and click the Submit button.

This will show you any threads which mention the Cyclone in our technical sections (sparing you from old sales posts and goofy, off-topic conversations).

The search on this board is not the most intuitive, but once you get the hang of it, man, can it be rewarding.

Give it a shot. As someone who has a Cyclone and has looked this stuff up a few times (but still hasn't installed it) there are multiple ways to hook up the Cyclone, multiple ways to control it, and multiple threads about why different people like the different ways they've hooked it up.

Welcome aboard.

Diego

Just sell it Gabe, doesn't do any good for you to have it sitting in the living room taking up a whole end table.

Put it in FS, and don't deal with the head ache.

curtis

do a search with my name in the user section of the search page I've posted detailed how to with pictures how to build a pressure based system or search Jeff (keydiver) on here and he does chips with rpm based through the ecu.

Diego

Yeah but Gabe needs an Eprom, and the solenoid that allows to open/operate the runners.

The cyclone is almost complete, has coilpack, evap canister and everything but that darn solenoid.

DR1665

From what I saw when I researched things, a wastegate solenoid can be used. I suspect that's easier to find than the vacuum canister (I was quoted $60 at the dealership this summer). Snag one off an old Volvo, Saab, or something.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned