The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

studs/vc/custom catch res.

GVR4_1636

So ive seen some good looking vc mods some grinding and smoothing to the face/surface on valve covers. Also my head threads are stripped from the cheap vc bolts that came with the car so ill be putting some time into this area..a custom catch I have seen put together on different locations from the stock location of cc routing on both dsm bodies and gvr4 bodies that have been done right in all areas with attention to detail .. I am going to do the tbelt soon and want to give the vc a better look feel to touch on surface /easy to clean and not easy to get dirty some plastics have my thoughts because they are the cleanest thing around for miles when never cleaned get the idea?? Lol and accessible space for easy work both in and around it as far as spark plugs and cc route goes personally i dont feel the pack on plug look my goal is a complete tuck in the cars future... If you have anything to share please do so I need ideas and possible links to any modded vc's that you have seen/found unique and clean. opinions will help too.. lmk thanks for reading guys.

tektic

I did some modifications to my valve cover in My build thread. I tapped and threadded the valve cover to make the baffle removable. I also drilled and tapped the pcv ports for larger flow. A linked to a write up Jack did from jacks transmission about the stock pcv system. You should give a look at both.

As for the striped head, some times you can get away with just using longer than stock bolts to find fresh threads in the head. Other times you have to drill and tap a size up.

The rest of this post I don't quite understand. That's all the help i can give you.

And now for the photo bomb of my valve cover
img.php

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned