The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Bad shuddering left turns at higher speeds.

As stated when turning left at high speeds it shutters really bad and is hard to turn.. Feels like going over a whole lot of pot holes. It doesn't do it turning right?? Any ideas as to what it could be?

misterfixit

Lower ball joint and or tie rod end is shagged.

Get it in the air and find out what's loose. then replace it.

Rich

Redwood

Quoting misterfixit:
Lower ball joint and or tie rod end is shagged.

Get it in the air and find out what's loose. then replace it.

Rich

i would look at both sides. normally when one starts to get bad the other side isnt very far behind it.

5OF2k

Quoting Tommy355:
As stated when turning left at high speeds it shutters really bad and is hard to turn.. Feels like going over a whole lot of pot holes. It doesn't do it turning right?? Any ideas as to what it could be?

I'b be willing to bet your inner/outer tie rod ends are shot. Agree with ^^ you should jack it up, find the culprit, replace and repeat as necessary.

Be ready do spend the $ on a 4wheel allignment too, FWIW. Here in my area usually around $80-110

Hope that helps!

-Jake

No worries, ill take it to my mates work shop put her on the hoist and have a looksy to see what's happening...
Thanks for the help guys!

Redwood

most likely if it was a strut you would notice it more then just when turning one way, but its hard to really tell without looking at it up close.

did you have a chance to throw it up on the hoist yet??

Redwood

yea just take a look at it maybes some pictures if you guys cant figure anything out. you no give it a good once, twice look over. hopefully you will be able to find it once its in the air.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned