The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newbie VR4

Hi, I am new to this site, I live in the UK, the VR4 is very rare here as it was not imported into the UK.
I own the ex Mika Solhberg car which won the British open group N rally championship in 1991, it was then used in group A trim in Finland and was sponsored by the Blue Rose Team.
I got the VR4 from a College 2 years ago, they had the car since 1998 and in that time had made it look like a Proton (Shame), the front end body parts mainly have been changed as you can see. I want to get the car back to how it should be, so I will be looking for body panels if anyone can help and are willing to ship them to the UK.

Regards Colin.

misterfixit

Cool,

Talk to mr Gravel. (Guy anderson) He has another works car. The front end is the same as that on the UK GTI4wd so again that should help to find parts.

Be great to see some more pictures of the car (inside and out)

If you have a look around the site in the library is the homologation papers.

Hope this helps!

Rich

A little bit more info about my rally VR4.
I believe the car was built and prepared for group N on UK events in 1991 by Phil Collins Engineering (PCE) for Miki Solhberg to drive under the Blue Rose Team.
In 1992 it was mainly rallied in Finland still as a group N car.
In late 1992 it was uprated to group A spec and was used by Mika during all of the 1993 session, again mainly in Finland.
Since then the car did do a few more years of rallying with a new owner, untill a College purchased it for motorsport students to work on it. At the time they had some sponsorship from Proton and thought it would be a good idea to try and make it look like one. They cut up and modified the fibre-glass wings/bonnet (hood) and more.
I need to re-commission the car as it has not been used in anger since the late 90s, I also want to get the car looking like a rally Vr4 again.

I must post in the wanted section soon.

I have also included a few more photos of the car.

img.php

citymunky

Welcome. It's very sad to see that front end on the car. Looking at that rear subframe pic my 1st order of business would be to corrosion control on the undercarriage. If you can't find any front fenders on your side of the pond, I have both a left and right in white that I don't mind shipping.

Last edited:

misterfixit

Looks cool. The cage is not as heavyweight as the one in Mrgravels car. Do you have any pictures under the bonnet? it would be interesting to see whats been modified to fit tat horrid front end on.

If you are interested to see what the structure should be like The front body manual has been posted. Search my name in the how to thread, there is an index post. use that to leapfrog.

As citymunky says you'll find loads of people chipping in with help! But the major issue will be whats left of the original structure. There's a place here that has at least 3 or 4 nosecut skeletons. I;m guessing you'll need one to get going with and somewelding.

Like city munky also says, look at the underside. take a tin of copperslip nderthere and make sure you'll not have a fight on your hands as you go through.

What trans is in there? also do you have the 4ws hooked up?

Rich

GSX_TC

very cool VR4/piece of Mitsu history you have there buddy!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned