The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2 step/stutterbox launching under boost....

Seems of late that my keydiver chip/ecu keeps losing the 2 step/stutter box setting each time I shut the car down is this normal? I seem to recall that it stayed at whatever rpm I set it to until I tapped the gas pedal on initial ignition on to raise or lower the setting. Now every time I start the car or turn the ignition on it resets to zero no stutterbox setting i.e. old boost gauge has no lights until I tap the pedal to reset it. Any ideas? thanks in advance.....

SouthCaliVR4

check to make sure your computer is retaining voltage after shut down. if it lacks a constant 12v supply it will loose it's keep alive memory every time you shut it off.

Try setting a code. then shut it off & see if the code stays or clears.

galant344

i think he means set your two step make sure it is working... while the car is running then set a code, unplug a sensor till the SES light comes on. turn car off let it sit the normal time you let it sit. plug the sensor in turn the car on see if code is still there. If not your probably loosing your constant 12v reference at the ecm. or just check the voltage. that would be easier

The 2 step works fine, as for the second part you kind of lost me there. What do you mean by set a code while the car is running? And what sensor should I be unplugging until the service engine soon light comes on? Sorry for the mind meld.....

ade

me thinks they mean to unplug a sensor while the car is running, wait for a cel/check engine light to show(set a light) then turn the car off and let it sit for a bit. plug the sensor back in and start the car up again. if the cel/check engine light is gone, your ecu isn't getting voltage to it when the car is shut off, which will cause the ecu to reset and forget any settings you had programed before hand or you can check at the ecu itself to see if its getting any power while the car is shut off

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned