The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

automatic

hey, why isn't there a kit that makes my galant vr4 automatic? everything you need is included in this kit. you get more mileage from a stick shift but an automatic is nice. maybe ill just get me an auto gsx and swap everything from an auto eclipse.

No kits because they made 3000 cars. Lol
Ya autos are nice for launching/ but man kind of a pain to drive a larger laggy turbo with an auto.

Overseas versions of the e39a or should I say the e33a, came with autos from the factory. BTW that made well more then 3000 galant vr4's, just not on US soil. No kit per say that I know of anyone offering but it can be done using parts from a auto DSM.

GSX tranny + IPT + the right stall and or shift kit (preference)= Anything is possible.

raptorWagon

Quoting MX4:
Actually E39A JDM Galant VR4s did come in an auto variant

As well as the E38A Galant GSXs had the auto option and those did make it stateside /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif, don't know about the E38A VR4s though.

VR_IV_MR

im thinking about grabbing a highly modified gsx or tsi and swapping the auto transmission and alot of the mods over to my car and sending the trans to IPT before it goes into my vr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

ive got a lot to learn about the options there are though.

paddle shifters /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned