The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

galant vr4 alternator into AUTO 93 Eclipse GSX

VR_IV_MR

this is what I am concerned about. I found this on the VFAQ

"For auto owners, Kyle Zingg posted that the alternator for the auto cars has a different part number, at least for 1Gs. The part number for the 1G auto alternator is MD153843. Manual owners have the same alternator on both the turbo and 2.0L non-turbo engines."

SO, will the alternator I have in my 5 Speed Galant VR4 work in the AUTOMATIC 1993 Eclipse GSX AWD?

Thanks guys!

ktmrider

Try your signature suggestion: King of "nevermind I just searched the forum"

This is GVR4-101. Or try a different approach, search deltas on 1g auto vs 1g manual alternators. Hint, it's not the electrical voltage that kills you it's the ****.

VR_IV_MR

yea thanks I did some searching and was having difficulties hence the thread

mitsu90

Quoting ktmrider:

This is GVR4-101. Or try a different approach, search deltas on 1g auto vs 1g manual alternators. Hint, it's not the electrical voltage that kills you it's the ****.

its the what?? I hate cliffhangers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I always thought it was the humidity...

2000GTX

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gifQuoting mitsu90:
Quoting ktmrider:

its the what?? I hate cliffhangers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

ktmrider

Quoting transparentdsm:
amps....

Winner winner chicken dinner.

GVR4 = 90A. The two TEL chargers are 75A and 60A. All interchange. My "assumption" on TEL delta is the auto tranny TCU and lockup TC require a bit more juice than manual?!?

I had to install a 60A unit into #86 years ago so I know they do fit. Chain store alternator crapped out in Trinidad, CO with my family in tow. Checker had a 60A unit and the local Toyota service center installed it. Got me to Denver and back to NM.

Fried about 3 months later ( Chinese VR died as usual ), took to a local shop that rebuilt it back to 90A. Still going strong.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned