The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Will this FMIC fit in my GVR4

Vr4junkie

So i been looking around for a intercooler and stumbled upon this one would it fit in a Gvr4 or is it too big click

I have the same size core except that mine is only 3" thick. It will fit with a fair amount of trimming of several pieces.

DSC_0273.jpg

The 3" fits with minimal cutting, but it is tight.

turbowop

I would try to find something with a height measurement closer to 10". 12" is pretty tall and may hang down below the bumper cover.

maxash0775

galant1517, were you able to maintain the factory foglights? Do you have pic with bumper on. I like this black mishimoto one for my black car. Possible good find. Thanks OP.

Vr4junkie

Galant1517 thanks for the pic might just get this intercooler but want to make sure it would fit before anything looks like fog lights are going to have to go:(.

My car has never had fog lights and I do not see it being possible to retain the stockers. Also, my bumper cover is really modified, not to clear the IC, but because I got happy with a sawsall and a good idea that could've been executed better. Click my build thread to see some front shots of the car. The pics are towards the end of the thread. Wop is right by suggesting a 10" core. It isn't impossible to fit the 12", but I would go 10" if I could do it again.

Galantvr4559

I have a griffin core that is 33x10x2.75 including end tanks. And its a short route custom ic for a gvr4. I am able to maintain factory fogs but my pass side is broken and I have my liscence plate covering it. I have pics on the board. I just need to find em.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned