The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake booster hose.

Chase

So the idiot that owned my car previously replaced the brake booster line that has the check valve in it with basic hose. Can I buy an aftermarket check valve and use that or do I need the stock setup. Trying to avoid a $77 hose from the dealer.

I think I have one, and if I don't, I know where one is. PM me your info and I'll mail it to you.

mikus

not too familiar with what's in the Mitsu booster hose, but Volvo 850's and X70 turbos have a couple check valves of sufficient diameter around the TB and intake.

Chase

PM sent thanks man. I'm going to check my local junk yard too just in case. I wonder if the na is the same hose?

vtecds1

There was a 1g at the boneyard in Aurora about a month ago. Might want to check it out.

RedTwo

Steal one off an Evo? Can usually pick those kind of parts up for free when people part them out.

If you don't feel like paying the stealership for that hose you could probably go to your local speed shop and get some -6 or -8 hose. The xrp, russel and other high grade hose is rated to an extremely high psi. The only issue you may encounter is that hose may kink a bit if there are any tight bends. Off hand I can't recall how far that hose turns down.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned