The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Brake booster check valve

chucklesas

I replaced all the vacuum hoses under hood after the fire; everything was melted, including the brake booster line. So while trouble shooting an idle issue I found out that the check valve for the brake booster is actually in the vacuum line that goes from the manifold to the booster. Is there anything special about this check valve? Does anybody have any ideas what I could replace it with? I guess a stock hose could be an option (I think it would be long enough to work with my SMIM), but I was thinking more along the lines of a 3/8" check valve with barb fittings on either side that I could just install inline. Would a PCV from the emissions portion do the trick?

iLLeffeKt vr-4

When I got a JMF SMIM I ditched the stock line from the manifold to the brake booster and swapped in a regular vacuum line then I couldn't figure out why my brakes were rock hard after a hard pull. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif I replaced the stock one way valve with a crank vent valve from dejontool.com that I had laying around. It holds up to 1000psi but they are fairly expensive ($109 from dejon) but maybe you can find them somewhere else cheaper.

chucklesas

I found this universal check-valve online at autozone Autozone link

I guess it could do the trick. I'll have to see how big the fittings on either end are though.

chucklesas

Does anyone have a part number for the stock line? I want to see if maybe I can get this from JNZ or Rockauto.

chucklesas

Or what about one of these spring check valves?
click

or one of these vacuum-breaking valves?
click

I think I need 5/16" to 3/8" Barbed fitting.

mitsu90

Would one of these work?
Check_valve.JPG

It's a anti siphon valve for fish tank air pumps, Air can only pass one way through it.

prove_it

I'd try to find the right piece rather than hacking it with a fish tank piece. Not sure how well that would take boost pressures. The seams might crack or leak.

What about a PCV valve? Does same thing, holds up to boost, and more readily available?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned