The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Colorado people do u want to get together for a meet?

Galantvr4559

I was thinking maybe everyone in colorado would want to do a get together this summer. Just got mine off jack stands. Anyone got any good ideas?

GSX_TC

How about the ultimate meet, the DSM shootout.

5OF2k

I'm game, definitely. Just lemme know when and where

Yao

I am game, but need to create a VR4 convoy if we can do a cruise somewhere, not just meet at the park with burgers and chips.

broncfan56

I agree with Yao. I would like to do a nice cruise through the mountains. I wont be able to do this until December however, I am currently deployed and won't be back until then. I'll post when i get back, maybe you guys will be up to do another sometime after that.

nemovr4

Just need to get my clutch problem worked out and snowstorm cruise sounds awesome. Brilliant.

Yao

lol, we'll be the only car group to ever do a snow storm cruise!! lol

Jesus_Negros

Nope WRX guys did it a couple winters ago down here in VA when we had that snow storm, think it was 2010.

Galantvr4559

im down for a snowstormn cruise i got all seasons but i will still rip the gvr4. hoping to have 397 on the road here in the next couple months.

nemovr4

Also in the works of getting 861/1000 on the road again. CO GVR4'S!!

5OF2k

That's about how it was last sunday here in the Springs. I was just about the only person out and about, playing in the snow. And man, was it FANTASTIC!

When are we doing this, fellas? Let's get it going!

-Jake

GVR47111K

^^Easy for you to say with such a fine example of one of our cars. I'm down for a winter meet.

5OF2k

Aww shucks, thanks Will... Lol.

Im actually fighting a damn SMIM issue. I keep blowing out my head flange gasket, i think because its a cheapy knockoff manifold with a THIN flange thats wound up warped over time. This is now the 3rd gasket ive had to do in about 2.5 months... Anyone know of anyone selling a SMIM in the area??

-Jake

5OF2k

The flange is superthin on this POS manifold, seriously its only about 5mm, if that. Machining it thinner to get it true wouldnt fix anything, and it'd cause downtime, which i cant have because its my DD and i drive it about 60miles a day.

I may have found one, so i should be ok. We'll see!

-Jake

5OF2k

Yea, i could, but the design of the manifold isnt all that good anyway. Im telling you, its cheap, chinsy, crap. Id planned on getting a better one eventually anyway but now its just about a necessity.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned