The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Galant VR-4 history???

So I recently picked up my galant vr4 and i noticed that it had 2 galant-vr4.org decals on the small side windows. I was wondering if I posted up the vin if anyone could help me find out more info about the car. Thanks.

blacksheep

What color is the car? Where did you buy it from? What is the badge #?

You are in Ames, Iowa? I used to live in Ames. My 1st gvr4 experience started in Ames in late 90's...Wow, I feel old saying that .Both my old roommates bought gvr4's after I did. One was nile black, other was kensignton gray. The KG gvr4 is in OK, not sure what happened to the black one.

PM VIN to Iceman if you don't want to post it up here and he can tell you history.

This board is not like the local gay ass boards like JDMCity etc - Bunch of broke ass kids and their ricers....- you will like it here. I just on those boards to take a piss on them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Its a black 1991 with no sunroof, its got cloth interior, the number badge is missing off the dash, its got stock wheels, and some shitty purple tint. Also a lot of the wiring is hacked up which ill end up fixing once it gets super nice out. I got it from a kid who lived near council bluffs and I live in ames. Ill go look at the title and see who the previous owner was before the kid i got it from and ill pm that guy the vin.

Don't rorget to kick the previous owners in the balls for removing the dash badge. Loooooosers.

dsmer06

Is the previous owners name Kaleb by chance? If so I know the car.

There are a few gvr4 owners around Des Moines that also might know it. Did you ever sell that cbr?

The previous owners were scott athey and matthew jenkins. dsmer06 i traded the cbr for the galant i thought it would be nice to own a classic. I should be at the autox at dmacc this sunday if not ill be at adventureland for sure but sadly the galant is in no shape to run yet. And blacksheep if you could ask any of the gvr4 guys you know if they have any parts that would be great.

dsmer06

Rocko, pm jcgalntvr4-244, if anyone local has a gvr4 harness it will be him. There will also be a dsm meet this Saturday at one, I think a couple of the guys might be parting out 1gs.

K I will pm him and where is this dsm meet at ill see if i can make it out. Also are any of you guys going to be at autox on sunday.

dsmer06

It's at the Bennigan's on Merle Hay in Des Moines at 1pm. Everyone is having lunch, then going on a cruise and taking pictures. I'll be there for lunch, but I won't be going on the cruise. I was thinking about going out Sunday with my Subaru, but I haven't decided.

Ok cool ill try and make it down to the meet BTW is there a thread about the meet on jdmcity.

CutlassJim

No badge and cloth interior? Hacked wiring? GGSX with a swap?

dsmer06

Quoting rocko:
Ok cool ill try and make it down to the meet BTW is there a thread about the meet on jdmcity.

I don't think so, there is one on dsmtuners and the dsta site though.

web page

OMFGeofffff

Quoting CutlassJim:
No badge and cloth interior? Hacked wiring? GGSX with a swap?

That was my first thought.

No its gaylantvr4's old car...iceman pmed back the info...heres the link to the fs thread click,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=1&Limit=25&Main=599328&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=1979&daterange=1&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev=#Post601016 and blacksheep I saw that you were the first poster in the FS thread. So if you could get me in contact with the gaylantvr4 or just give me more info that would be great.

blacksheep

Joe is in Omaha and someone I used to know from all the meets he came to in Des Moines. I haven't talked to Joe in a long long time. Try sending him a PM thru here or emailing him. He may still be active and lurking.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned