The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rain Guards

Brunoboy

Has anyone tried fitting rain guards from another car? I was thinking the older Honda Accords might work, but thats just from taking a glance at their windows. What do you all think?
-Shane

Hertz

Staff member
Never tried, but I'd sh*t a brick if they matched. There isn't any wiggle-room on the fitment.

Not only do you have the shape differences, I'm sure the channels (mounting) will be different too.

evo8ya

I've been looking for rain gaurds for over a year now. I almost had a set from a company that said he could have them made direct from AVS. Turns out they wouldn't just make one set. Maybe if we got enough people we could have a limited batch made. Like say 20-25 people? IDK but I'd pay double what they're worth if I could find a set.

prove_it

I'm so glad I bought a set of ventshades six years ago. I never thought I'd see a huge demand these days. I'm almost to afraid to even use them, I think they are more rare than JDM parts now in days. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

dustyduff

Are they really that rare? The shell I bought has three of the four on the car, but the front drivers side was missing.

Quick google search let me to: click

The website above has them listed, but I don't know if they're in stock.

Brunoboy

i once called two different companies, they said they had it, I paid and got a refund from both because they have them listed but no longer carry it. I was looking at many different cars/Trucks to see if I can find a match.
-Shane

Brunoboy

Quoting evo8ya:
I've been looking for rain gaurds for over a year now. I almost had a set from a company that said he could have them made direct from AVS. Turns out they wouldn't just make one set. Maybe if we got enough people we could have a limited batch made. Like say 20-25 people? IDK but I'd pay double what they're worth if I could find a set.

we've tried this before, you will NOT find that many people interested.
-shane

evo8ya

^^^yeah I do remember that. Oh well I placed a order for them from the link above so we'll see what happends.

JNR

Whatever you do, don't use the cheapo stick-on kind...they will leak eventually.

I have the JDM yo ones and I really like them, but the clips are rather fragile (plus mine already have one or two broke by the time I received them), so I am scared to take them off. Otherwise, keep searching around for a set of those, as they work well and look good, imo.

It's too bad weathertec didn't make them for our cars. Had some on my ZJ and loved them. They slid in the window channel and no crazy clips or other mounting/support was needed

evo8ya

Just got a reply

"Thanks for your order.
Unfortunately these are on back order with the manufacture with no e.t.a.
We have voided your order"

So no go there. These places should really keep their websites current and up to date. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Brunoboy

Ok, well I guess I'm going to keep looking for one that fits, I know somebody who put civic ones on, the front looks good but the rear are ok just not the right shape for the rear window. Does anyone want to go outside and measure the lengths of the rear visors/window

fivestardsm

I bought a set a few months back off from e-bay. They were NOS, and in perfect shape until the sellr just simply wraped them in a piece of cardboard and they were broke in shipping. I did get my money back, but was still upset. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

thecman02

That sucks. I would love to find some decent rain guards!

fivestardsm

Yeah, I was going to put them on my GS though, so it didnt really matter. I will actually try and glue them together someday so I can still use them.

maroonmetallic

This has probably been covered numerous times in the many posts that you'll find searching, BUT..

I emailed AVS and received this regarding old stock or special orders/group buys..
Quote:
Part number 94026 is discontinued with no availability. You might want
to try Keystone and see if they might have some, other than that, I
would not know who would have this part available. We do not make
special orders or requests.

Brunoboy

yha been known.......-__-, someone with a set, or who knows someone with a set, please measure the rears length across for the part that slides into the window tract. Then I will find a match and let everyone know what to get. thanks
-Shane

cheekychimp

$110 USD or thereabouts for a 4-piece set (not stick on) fit in the channel plus another $70 USD for the sunroof deflector that's without shipping from europe.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned