The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SUSPENSION GURUS!!!!! NEEDED!!!!

Jostar

I have a weird problem with the galant we have, We cruise on the highway at 65mph & as soon as we hit a bump the car vibrates & the brakes kinda lock up & gets real hard to stop, When it finally stops, The car seems like its been hold by all 4 calipers, As if the calipers were frozen, They release after maybe 5 mph then it takes off, I checked everything, I replaced the outer tie rods, Ball joints look good, I checked all struts & springs... Guys what should i replace??? or look at?? I even rotated the wheels too, Nothing, as soon as i hit that bump holy CRAP the car feels like its gonna vibrate everything loose...

ktmrider

Sounds like the ABS is acting up. Still intact?
If so pull the fuse and try again. Note, the ABS light in the cluster will illuminate once the fuse is pulled.

Jostar

^^^ i think that could have been the culprit, I pulled the fuse out & we took it thru the same spot where it always acts & nothing, Hopefully that was it, I am gonna pull the ABS garbage out, I have all the lines & proportionate valve... Plus weight reduction & making it look better lol.... Thanks guys.. I'll keep everyone update on this to see if it happens again..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned