The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

LSPR rally 07 pics...

Larry Parker

Polish

Awesome!

Larry Parker

4th in class 5th overall on saturday... Friday was lost due to getting stuck behind a rolled WRX that was blocking the stage...As a result went from 3rd to 7th place due to the 3 mins we tacked onto our time...

You can see each stage time here.... Note the tab on the right needs to be on regional and then you can tab through eash stage on the left...

click

Last edited:

That car is great. I love to see them kicking ass and still being competitive.

Myles

Any chance of getting those pics in a bigger resolution? I'd like to have a new desktop backround.

Larry Parker

New motor is strong, but I still had some overheating/puking coolant issues... I need a 20psi cap... and a new crank case vent system... My -10 line is in the wrong spot and getting filled with oil in a stage or two and spraying oil all over my nice clean engine bay...

As for high res... I dont have them... these where sent to my by spectators or photogs at the event....

DR1665

Nicely done, Larry.

I've got to do some searching and see what info I can glean from this board about your set up. I've got many questions and you've got much experience.

Love these threads.

Congrats Larry /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/applause.gif
As mentioned, it's always nice to see a vr4 competing & being competitive. Suspension seems to be going through hell /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/worthy.gif, how are they holding up?
What's the rating on the current radiator cap?
Which t-stat are you using?

Larry Parker

The suspension is holding up great, but I did take a very big hit on day two fo the event in which I broke both wheels on the passenger side of the car... This also pushed my monoball from my mount almost out of the housing... Besides that the strut was fine... Cap is a parts store 13psi unit and the t-stat is a parts store standard temp
unit... I dont overheat on stage often, but rather whilst sitting at a stage start...
I need a bigger rad and better fans! Or maybe a hood vent.... My talon never had issues with this same setup...

Dialcaliper

Larry, did you ever end up testing those JPA suspension parts? I'm curious if they work well enough to consider them when they start selling them.

Last edited:

Larry Parker

Nope... Never sent them to me...

No he could not have tested them as he did not get any! Sorry to clog thread. I have different plans as of right now. Everyone will still get them. I have a partner now and they will be badged by a different name, perhaps marketed by one of the largest DSM suppliers around. Sorry guys. Im doing what I can. It hurts, but will be worth the end result. Larry, being in your business, you may have heard the direction I am taking with my products. All I can say is Mondy January 14th 2008, you can find my product somewhere, somehow on some site or magazine ad. who knows? Some may find some at their door. Some may never know.

Now back on topic! Nice by the way!!!

Ditch the 13 lb cap. Get a Ford 16 lb cap from any parts store, they fit /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif. Do you still have the stock fan shroud? I don't recall your setup, but are the wired to an independent switch where you can turn on & off as you please?
As far as hood vent, check this out:

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Parker

My fans are controlled by my ECU so I can set the turn on and off point... Maybe I need to keep them on longer...

CutlassJim

Quote:

Having the vent that close to the top is killing flow. The high pressure area at the base of the windshield doesn't want to let the air come out from under the hood. You should keep a good 12" away from either end of the hood. Evo location is usually considered best as %90 of engine bay heat is coming from exhaust/radiator and there is nothing to inhibit flow from these areas with the vent right above them. On cars with engines mounted the "normal" way (front to back) fender vents ala GNX or late 70's firebird style are best. Looks good though. /ubbthreads/images//graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings