The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

350mm steering wheel question..

cheekychimp

That's a really subjective question!

It depends a huge amount upon your height, seats, seating position, all of which can influence how good a view of the instruments you get even with a stock wheel. Generally speaking reducing the diameter of the wheel inherently means you will lose some visibility of the dash instruments, it's a question of what is most important to you.

Because of my height I have always had a hard time seeing the speedo so I mounted a speedmeter right on top of the steering column so I can see it. It looks as ricey as sh*t but it makes driving so much more comfortable for me.

r4pt0x

I had a 350mm OMP wheel in my FWD and it didn't block any of the dials - but as said, it depends on your height and seat/steering wheel positions...

ade

CAM00643.jpg

380 momo and my view with my seat & steering wheel height at its lowest, im 6ft tall

mitsuturbo

Quoting r4pt0x:
I had a 350mm OMP wheel in my FWD and it didn't block any of the dials - but as said, it depends on your height and seat/steering wheel positions...

350mm Sparco L505 here. No obstruction. I'm 5'12" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Previously, i had a smaller diameter steering wheel. It most definitely obstructed the cluster a bit.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned