The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

VRSF Short Route FMIC

Defiant

I have an opportunity to buy a BNIB VR Speed factory Short route FMIC for $250 from a buddy.

Is it worth getting and putting on my Galant? I know that it will take some finessing to get it around the ac lines and such.

transparentdsm

is it for a 1g or a 2g, i feel like the 2g is better if you want to retain the a/c as it hooks around the outside of the frame rail. i dont really know as i don't have one, but from pictures the 1g looks like wires and lines may be an issue because of the end tanks. if you had no a/c id say a 1g would be fine, but on the galant the driver side end tank needs to have an upward facing inlet and to keep the a/c i know you would need it to stay that way, unless your rerouting all your lines and wires. also sorry for being redundant, ive been working like 15 hour days and then coming home to do stuff around the house the last week. today is my day off.

Last edited:

Defiant

Yea, its a for a 1g.

I plan on putting AC back in the car. Louisiana summers are HOTT!!

I think I may pass on this deal just because its gonna be a pain in the arse.

transparentdsm

i mean if hes your buddy have him bring it over your place and mock that bitch up to the car, see where the pipes line up and where things will have to go, i could be 100% wrong about everything i said, im just going from what it looks like and what i remember from putting my evo 8 intercooler on 138.

460GVR4

Well whats your buddies info!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5OF2k

You can get it to work with the right setup. If you have a downward facing jpipe/turbo you'll be golden. The 2g core is way bigger and has a design that'd work, but youd have to modify the hot side inlet to go around the GVR4 support; the 2G's is shorter than ours would need.

I just got my 1g VRSF kit in the mail yesterday and will be installing it this weekend if everything goes to plan. BUT, I also have a civic half radiator and an exhisting short-route setup on my car.....

-Jake

nemovr4

^ Going to be a good weekend for it, all this crappy weather has stopped me from, messing with mine at all...

(off topic)
Not sure I can commit to this yet, but would you mind if I came down to see your set-up/install? Possibly a critique of mine..would love some input!

-Chris

5OF2k

Yea I dont see that being a prob man, shoot me a PM!

-Jake

transparentdsm

Quoting 5OF2k:
I also have a civic half radiator and an exhisting short-route setup on my car.....

-Jake

this is why i suggested the 2g one, he is also trying to keep the a/c. a big problem i see with using a 1g short route kit. as the 1g short route goes straight through where the existing a/c lines and wires are..

5OF2k

Unless Im mistaken, even the ETS GVR4 specific kit goes through that area, you just move the lines out of the way, just like you would if you were installing the 1g kit on a 1g and so-on.

There are people that have gotten the 2g kit for our cars, but once they saw what was necessary to make it fit they decided against it. Has to be a reason....

-Jake

DynastyLCD

i know its slightly off-topic, but for any of you guys looking to use a 2g core: click me

old school SBR ginormous core for $165 shipped that's a deal right there

edit: 165 shipped not 125

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned