The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What is this clip from?

turbowop

I'm pretty sure that's not the throwout bearing retaining clip. It's missing a couple bends to secure it and that one looks too thick. Perhaps something next to it for size reference would help.

I'm amazed at how unsure I am about that considering how many times I've pulled the trans out of my car. I guess it's been awhile since I last dropped the trans out of 1051. It's amazing how little work you have to do on these cars when not running at the strip. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

14u2nV

that's not like any tob retainer I've seen on my galants.

In the 4 galants I've taken apart, I've never seen that clip. Maybe something with the axles?

Last edited:

JSchleim18

^^I think he's on to something...It looks like a hood heat insulation retaining clip now that I think about it. I took that off like 3 years ago and now I have a JDM fiberglass hood on there lol. It is pretty small. I found it near the firewall on the brake booster side.

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Hmm I wonder if it's even off my car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

1990ggsxnj

I've never seen it either... I could sware that the retaining clips are a little different though.

toybreaker

iconoclast
... kinda looks like the clip that retains the little booty on the hood pin switch for the alarm ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

dsm10o0

looks like the piece that goes to the plastic clip that holds the power steering line and ac line right behind the motor mount.

JSchleim18

^^this may be it...would anyone be able to provide confirmation?

dsm10o0

Ill check mine tomorrow to confirm but im pretty sure it is. seen a couple of those.

JSchleim18

Please do...it'll save some hair on the top of my head /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JSchleim18

No sh*t haha. Thanks so much for the help. I can go to sleep now...fkin daylight savings /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Looks like a size reference wiht the original picture (like a quarter) would have discounted the throw out bearing retainer in 10 microseconds or less /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Now we can all sleep.
-Kevin

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts