The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Autronic SMC install problems ... Please help

bazeng

Everything looks good.

Are you checking the output at the plug of the ecu or at the plug of the ign loom?

Maybe check at the ECU to confirm.

Your CAL looks fine... Could it be possible that the loom has been modified?

Gimpin

I have checked for signal everywhere ... even took the cover off the ecu and touched the probe to the lead going to the output pin ... you cant get any more direct than that.

bazeng

And nothing at the pin?

Are you able to get your hands on another SMC to test if the unit is faulty / damaged?

Gimpin

I have tried to find ANYBODY with an SMC and it seems like the only autroics with in 500 miles are SM4s ... I do have a contact of a contact in Georgia who is running an SMC ... I will probably end up sending the unit to him and have him try it in his car with his CAL file and see if it fires.

I have only just briefly looked at your cal. This is what i see so far although they are not a non-start issue but will be later when you get it at least going.

1) Fix your charge temp table
2) Fix you baro estimate table
3) Mode 7 should be 2 for the mitsi trigger pattern

As i go more into it i will post back.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned