The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

carriers?

Wondering were everyone got there drive shaft carriers from? Having no luck at the in town parts store.

Barnes

I've never seen anyone get them anywhere other than OEM.

656of1000

JNZ Tuning can get them for you.

Awesome. Ill hit them up. I hate dealing with Mitsu. I have been told one to many times " Theres no such thing as a turbo awd galant".

prove_it

Have them punch in the VIN, you should have no issues then.

IMO, fill them with window weld and be done with it. But I'm sure someone will say that it's a bad idea.

Whoodoo

If they are as bad as mine (making my car do the wub wub real bad), there isn't any harm in trying to fix it before you fork over $$$ for new ones. I'll be doing it soon... When I know I can afford new ones if I screw it up.

Adorsey

JNZ or Extremepsi. They make solid bushings to replace the rubber gromet and washers to hang the propeller. Not a bad idea if you want to spend the $. (Ive seen washers welded on for 0$ so it your opinon)
You would want to do the U-joints while they are out.

Have fun with it

If you do u-joints, get the solid core, non-greaseable type. The greaseable, crossed drilled type break. I've broken two, with less than 250 whp.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned