The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

fuel sending unit questions

14u2nV

I need some input. First off, is this a vr4 unit? it wasn't bolted in. Second, what does the bracket look like that is missing on the bottom? Third, which wires go where on the fuel pump? Fourth, can you still get the gasket?

Also, does anyone know what nuts hold it in the tank, Mine are all missing.

bobdole

I can answer for 4th about the gasket. Yes you can get from Mitsubishi

AWDnoobie

I wont be able to answer any of your questions, so its just a bump for you.

But I do have a question for you, if and when you find out if that is the proper sending unit. Could you measure it for over all length, its longer then a 1g and id like to know by how much. I have to modify a 1g to my tank, but i just dont want to hack off anything i dont need to.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
The bracket on the bottom looks a bit like a horseshoe and snuggles the rubber grommet normally on the bottom of the pump. It also has a hole to screw on as you can probably tell.

The wiring may not matter on the pump, but I would try red for power and black for the ground.

number3

pump09.jpg

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned