The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Should I buy this ebay turbo kit?

Hi
I fount this kit on ebay:
click
it look great i think but do you have any commment to it?
Will the engine computer be able to hanle the fuel whit out any ajusting?
Hope you will be so kind to commendt this kit and thingt I might consedering if mounting it.
Regards
Sigmac

Muskrat

All I can say is you get what you pay for...I've got no expirience with it, but personally I wouldn't trust it.

Quote:

Will the engine computer be able to handle the fuel with out any adjusting?

You can max out the fuel system with the stock turbo. Does that answer your question?

It sounds like you need to do some major research into how an engine works, how you get more power out of an engine, and general tuning theory.

Also, posts like this should be in the newbie section.

Last edited:

524of1000

I've heard they're hit or miss. I use the pipes and IC, but I haven't put full boost thru them yet. As far as the turbo, You can pick up a real MHI for a pretty decent amount or you could go Holset or any number of other, proven setups. I guess what I'm trying to say is it's a gamble. How lucky do you feel? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Sorry for the miss post, not used to have a speciel newbie section.
Thanks for the reply

AnotherNewb

In my experiance the ebay turbos use cheap -junk- bearings. Most people I know of regret using them because most fail very quickly even with low boost levels. Your better off buying a brand name turbo that needs rebuilt, then rebuilding it with quality parts. OTOH I have known people to use the cheap turbos, rebuild them with quality parts and have no problems. IMO stay away from no name unproven china junk.

2 cents

dont do it bro. i dont have direct experience with these but the kit looks great! i expect the headers to start cracking and pealing. as anothernewb said, china unproven products.

this kit + no fuel upgrades = boom /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif you will see increased turbo lag from this 57 trim. you can produce awesome power on a big16g w/ 7cm or machv monster housing utilizing the stock exhaust manifold with supporting fuel upgrades and electronics.

dont forget if your drive train can put this power to the ground (clutch). my post is very vague i know, just dont do it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Ok thanks again for the reply

Rignt now im putting on:
New tires ( the old ones died yesterday /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif ) not a part of the plan
New upgraded fuel pump. ( new one is ordered)
New street rasing clutch. ( the old one is dead. new one is ordered)

my engine gives me right now
180hp @ 0.3bar
254hp @ 0.8bar
264hp @ 0.9bar (cant stay here as the old fuel pump cut not handle it)
I was told by local people that that I should be able to go to 1.2bar whit the new pump so im looking forward to see what it gives me, hopefully it gives be 300hp.

Ill stay from the cheap china parts then.

"will run rich"
Sorry can you reformulate that?
is it that the engine will "drown in fuel" as we say it in Denmark?

BoostedAWD91

I think you would be better off buying a good known turbo, than a cheapo ebay turbo. The piping would be ok to use, but you could get a more reliable and better quality setup for alittle bit more than your spending on that. Thats my 2 cents. When i bought my Galant there was a brand new ebay knockoff evo3 16G on the car and the seals blew out of it within the first 6 months. As stated above, you get what u pay for

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned