The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Headlights

Alrighty so no matter what I do i can't seem to get my headlights to work, replaced the bulbs, checked the wiring and its all in check. They have worked on occasion so it leads me to believe that I have a short somewhere but I can't figure it out I spent 3 hours around my lights looking at wires and couldn't find any bad grounds or anything that would seem to cause them to not work. The other interesting thing is the only time they will come on by themselves is when the factory alarm goes off, which also goes off by itself random times. I would really like to get this figured out so I could drive the car at night. Thanks folks.

yeah they all seem to be good from what i can tell. question though in our cars should the headlights and corner lights be wired together? because my corner lights have these cut wires just sitting there with splice connectors on them and I have no idea what the hell they are for or went to. my corner lights work great. but the wire going to the headlights don't look like they've been cut or spliced at all.

pwrneeds90

I just got the same problem all my lights work thought, just the headlights dont work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Yeah its annoying I need to figure this out because I want to drive my car at night, anyone?

Well if you havn't blown a fuse...then there shouldn't be a shorting problem. Try swapping the headlight relay with another identical one known to work. Otherwise you'll have to get out a multimeter. I can't tell you which terminals to check for power or continuity without freezing in the dark. 1 is 12v constant, 1 ground, 1 to headlight switch (should be hot with switch on), and 1 to the lights themselves.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned