The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ARP Head stud torque specs

hey guys another ? here i searched all the forums to make sure and i could not find it but i need to know what ARP recomends for their head stud torque spec. i know when i used to build hondas it was like 80ftlbs but im not sure what they recomend on these. id assume the same but better safe then sorry thanks in advance...

turbophein

i've read between 90-95 ft lbs. i just did mine and i set it at 95lbs

damn thats high lol thanks man i accidently just reposted and actualy added another ? when i was installing the head washers it was hard to get them past like 3 of the valve springs did you have that problem

Quoting vr411:
hey guys another ? here i searched all the forums to make sure and i could not find it but i need to know what ARP recomends for their head stud torque spec. i know when i used to build hondas it was like 80ftlbs but im not sure what they recomend on these. id assume the same but better safe then sorry thanks in advance...

A always use 100ft/lbs and copper spray on my gaskets.

Steve

CarRacer

Quoting vr411:
damn thats high lol thanks man i accidently just reposted and actualy added another ? when i was installing the head washers it was hard to get them past like 3 of the valve springs did you have that problem

I noticed this as well and had to remove the head once to put those washers in first before reinstalling the head.

dsmless

I torqued to 80 then 90 and then 100 crisscross pattern as specified in the manuel, and I isntalled the washer in first and then the studs, made it much easier then having to muscle f**k the bad boys

524of1000

When I installed mine ARP specs were 80 ft/lbs with ARP molylube. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned