The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AEM Tru-boost FTL

I am having a problem with this stupid tru boost aem gauge. It reads boost just fine, but doesn't change boost. It's only running 10psi despite the fact that I have 19psi dialed in. The boost source I used is the intake manifold. Any suggestions?

prove_it

Solenoid set up right? it's probably in the settings somewhere. I'll look in the manual quick and see.
Have you changed any other settings?

prove_it

did you somehow set the boost to setting A and are running setting B? or vice versa?

Yes, the setting are set up for internal, and everything else is ok it looks like

I just ran out and checked, both A and B are set to 20psi, so either way it should be running 20psi.

prove_it

so it's set for 19 lbs, only hits and shows 10.. hmmmm
what did you set the base wastegate spring setting to?

prove_it

in fact what are all your settings?

mooserage

Staff member
I know for some this may be kind of a DUH thing, but you don't have any exhaust leaks do you? That's what I had and it took me forever to realize it wasn't my boost controller...
-shamus

Nope, just put the engine back in the car, and ex leaks are something I always keep on top of. I think prove it hit it on the nose with the wastegate crack pressure. I'll check it out.

prove_it

i always thought that the tru boost was a bit complicated for a boost controller. Works good after it's set up though. I would set your spring pressure to say 7 lbs and see what happens.

onesickcrx

Really sounds like you just running on spring pressure. I would make sure all the vacuum lines are hooked up correctly on the solenoid and too the turbo or see if there cracked/ripped any where like where the barbed ends are.

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I wouldn't call the boost gauge stupid if you don't know how to use it. The aem tru boost doesn't use "spring pressure", uses duty cycle in %.

So if you want to run 20psi and you set the A-setting for 20 IT WILL NOT give you 20psi. Each car is different so there's no right value for this but on my car to get it to about 20psi the duty cyle setting was set to 45.

If you want to run 25psi for example the duty cyle might have to be 70 or so. You have to play around with it and find out what works for you.

Last edited:

onesickcrx

^ You just made me realize how long my cars been broke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I forgot it works in duty cycle. On my big 16G I had to run something like 70% to make 24psi

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned