The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SARD fpr --- which one?

belize1334

SARD sells two models of AFPR. The regular is about $130.00 and the Type-R is about $250. Is the regular one sufficient for a Walbro 255 or equivolent? I don't want to get one of these things and find that I'm STILL over-running my fpr.

G

Staff member
You just need the regular.

Bimmubishi

I use the regular and it's fine. I have the 255 pump. We have the type R on a couple of cars and we don't really know why there are two. My car makes almost 500whp when the engine is in the car.

belize1334

That's just the kind of info I was hoping for. Thanks guys.

As for placement. Have any of you hard-mounted to the rail using hard npt fittings or is everyone using flexible line and mounting remotely?

cOmpressor

From what I've seen most people mount remotely but it's up to you. My choice is also remotely because of the mounting options.

GVR4_1057

I had my afpr hooked up with hard pipe fittings in my old setup. I threaded my fuel rail and ran a 90 from it into the regulator. It was all 3/8 NPT. It worked well and never gave me any problems.

belize1334

So you just tapped the end of the rail to 3/8" npt? Or did you use an adapter.

If I go hard mounted I was planning on getting the -6 AN fittings for the fpr and using the -6 AN fuel rail fitting which appears to be a universal piece for any 1G/2G/Evo 4g63 fuel rail. Then I thought I'd just get a -6 AN 90* fitting and go from there.

My other option would be to get the 8mm barb fitting setup and just use some high pressure rubber fuel line since this setup will never see fuel pressures over 65psi anyway. In that case I'd be using the SARD Evo fuel rail adapter which takes the stock fuel rail fitting and mates it to npt.

EDIT: Apparently the SARD stuff is all BSPT and not NPT. Can anyone confirm?

Last edited:

GVR4_1057

I tapped the fuel rail.

belize1334

Can anyone confirm or deny that the EVO fuel rail adapter will work with our fuel rails? The key of course being the piece that slides into the rail. If necessary I could slot the holes for the mounting bolts.

Roger, I'm pretty sure the inside dimensions of the EVO fuel rail are the same as our's, as the FullThrottle AFPR also bolted on to EVO's. But, the bolt pattern is different, but maybe the same as a 2G? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

GVR4_1057

As I recall the outlet bolt pattern on the evo is the same as the inlet on ours. I have one around but could not dig it up.

belize1334

Awesome. I think that's the way to do it then. Get the 8mm barb version of the regular SARD fpr and the Mitsubishi fuel rail adapter, both of which can easily be ordered here if nowhere else. Then some 5/16" high pressure rubber fuel hose and a 1/8" npt to 1/8" bspt adapter from McMaster.com so that I don't have to buy a new gauge.

Thanks for the input guys.

belize1334

If you still have it when I decide to get my regulator, I'll take you up on that. Does it have the 8mm barb or is it an AN style fitting?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned