The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Goes lean when throttle is applied

SleepinGVR4

Jeff,

1. Yes its an Evo 8 MAS and yes its unhacked.
2. They may be "Delphi-type" injectors but I'm almost positive they are FIC brand. I bought these injectors from you with my eprom chip, so there wouldn't be any confusion when you burned my eprom chip for the injectors.

I will double check what is laser etched into the injectors right now.

What are the flow readings on the papers that came with the injectors? The chip is setup for ~832.5cc. The next step in the Global Fuel is 854cc, or 812cc the other way.

SleepinGVR4

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Jeff I'm so unorganized. I found the box you shipped everything with but I can't find the important stuff I know I saved somewhere.

The flow readings aren't something FIC keeps on file are they? Doubt it.

Quoting SleepinGVR4:
The vacuum port for the FPR goes to the intake manifold with just my boost gauge tee'd into it.

Sean, I'm mailing another chip out to you today, with the Global Fuel set richer but with a lot less deadtime compensation. We'll see what that does to the fueltrims. Drive the car for a while and watch the HIGH TRIM. Adjust the base fuel pressure to keep the HIGH TRIM at 100, and then we'll see where the LOW TRIM ends up this time.
But, the other thing I would suggest is not having your boost gauge tapped into the FPR line. Its best to have a straight, unmolested boost reference to your FPR.
FYI, most underhood liquid filled gauges will change readings with temperature, so its best to only compare the base pressure when the engine is cold.

SleepinGVR4

Jeff, I can't thank you enough.

I have a vacuum manifold installed so I can just put another barb on it for my boost gauge. And for the FPR I'll use a direct line from the intake manifold.

Thanks again Jeff.

SleepinGVR4

Jeff,
I got the new eprom chip. Now the low trim oscillates. I've seen it as high as 110% and as low as 81.5%. It oscillates the most at idle it seems.

I still haven't got another CAS to try. Thats my next objective.

The LOW TRIM does move around, but that is excessive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif When accessories, lights, A/C, etc are on the LOW TRIM tends to change slightly, but you are talking about a 6% change in airflow/fuel here.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned