The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drivers Auto-Up Window

EMX5636

I know there is a DSM VFaq on this, but I pulled my Galant window switch out and it doesn't look the same. I know I've heard this mod is possible but I searched for about 20 mins and couldn't find a how-to on here. If anyone has any pics, diode info, or help it would be appreciated. Thanks,

Justin

THEKID

dei makes a module called the 530t window automation unit. it works with an aftermarket alarm to roll up the windows when armed and uses an auxiliary to roll them down or vent. and also converts your window switch to one touch up and down. it controls only 2 windows so if you want to do all for you will need 2 units. i have these in my car. but i wired them directly to the motors in each door so that you get the option at the door switch and the master on the drivers door. i also have a close up controller that closes my sunroof when i arm my alarm. i recommend both they are life savers. many a times have i left the sunroof open or a window cracked open. but thanks to these nifty controllers when i arm my alarm it closes them all up.

EMX5636

Thanks for that info, but I'm not really looking for anything aftermarket. The factory switch is made to do it, but the simple circuit isn't there. I know I have to cut the stop tab off, but I need to find out what diode, and where to solder it in. The 1G circuit boards are slightly different.

EMX5636

So after some time looking at it, talking to a few old-school GVR4 guys, I was able to figure this out. You need to use the same 1A Diode that's in the DSM Vfaq, but solder it in the second slot. There is an open slot with a diode symbol on it. Just follow the Vfaq, but not the placement.

quato

Just for posterity, I did this mod following the vfaq and instructions from EMX5636 and my window now has auto up.

Sorry for digging up the old thread.

Nate

Justin- you could have made this very easy on yourself and just popped the one out of my galant at JNZ to look at it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

EMX5636

If you look at the date Nate, when I did this, your car was still in hiding! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

ade

this is my next mod

mitsuturbo

I did this last night. Took me all of about 10 minutes. 6 of them were spent finding my soldering torch and solder. Works perfectly.

EMX5636

Yea, I forgot all about this post (other than my auto-up still works). Thanks for bumping and helping some others out hotrod!

misterfixit

Can we get some pics please?

I know the jap switches have this as standard, the also illuminate.

Cheers

Rich

EMX5636

You might want to see if the couple guys that just did it took some. I might have had pics of mine, but that was 4 years ago, so no idea where they are hiding. Worst case, it gives me a reason to tear the D/S door apart to fix the speaker.

citymunky

Nice mod, I'm so doing this.

JNR

Didn't think I'd ever like the auto-up feature until I had the V and I sure miss that...I have an auto down but only on the driver's side and wished the pass side did too...Wouldn't mind auto up/down in the vr-4. the worst "auto" function ever was on the wife's Mazda 6, that would roll down the windows via keyfob. neat in theory until you sit on the button (had to hold down the unlock IIRC) and the windows go down when it's raining, lol.

EMX5636

One of the times I really liked the auto-up was tolls. It was nice to just tap the button, and be able to roll/shift away from the booth in the rain without worrying about the window in the rain. Now I have EZ-pass and it doesn't matter as much.

And as much as I hate VW, I like their setup to put up or down all windows by inserting the key into the DS front door, and turning/holding to lock or unlock. It would be nice to open the windows on a hot day, and quick to put them all up if it's raining without getting in the car, turning the ignition etc.

mitsuturbo

I'm guessing this is what you want photos of.

Compare to your own, and you will see exactly what was done.

Last edited:

EMX5636

Yup, just break off the tab in the switch, and solder that little guy right in that spot. Bam, JDM hotness auto-up. Thanks for the pics!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts