The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Drivers Auto-Up Window

alansupra94

Could you have both? Thought I would ask. Excuse the retarded question.

mitsuturbo

Could you have both what?
Are you asking for pics of the switch?

Just cut the little tab off the front of the driver's window switch. It prevents the switch from being pressed down far enough to get the little solenoid underneath to engage and hold it down. Once that's gone and the diode is in there, it works great.

JNR

Maybe he's asking both auto down and auto up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You know it's been so long since I drove the car, I can't recall if it has auto down oem or not and if so, is it on both the front windows?

mitsuturbo

Auto down is stock. Auto up was likely not "allowed" here due to "safety concerns". Although, newer cars have auto up.

My veloster has auto up, but it also has some thing where if the window meets much resistance, it goes back down all the way.

JNR

thanks for info...thought maybe it had auto down, but it's been so long wasn't 100%.

Yeah, auto up can be a concern with small kids, but sure they maust have some safeguards...take it this one (mod) wouldn't though? Not a big deal though, but something to be aware of with kids, I guess.

my sunroof on the truck has auto open/close and wonder if it has the sensor...

alansupra94

Quoting JNR:
Maybe he's asking both auto down and auto up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

You know it's been so long since I drove the car, I can't recall if it has auto down oem or not and if so, is it on both the front windows?

Yeah I was talking about auto-up and auto-down. Figured it would be a nice modification for the Galant.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Anything that has auto close in the US has to have the resistance sensor to avoid severing limbs from the little kiddies. That type of technology is what allows us to have them now when we did not have it previous years.

citymunky

I just got my diode's today in the mail that I order from Radio Shack, I'll be doing this mod tonight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned