The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Replacement clutch master cylinder for JDM GVR4

I recently acquired a JDM Galant VR-4 and while looking it over noticed the clutch master cylinder leaking past the seal into the cabin area. Where can I find a replacement one?

E39A-0000868

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Do a little study and see if it is actually different than the US version. Even if it is, it may be adaptable.

Otherwise, overnight parts from Japan? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

thomcasey

Or rebuild it yourself with parts from JNZTuning. Guts will be the same but I believe the line comes out the opposite side

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
That makes sense too. If diameter is the same (and it should be..), should be easy.

FlyingEagle

Staff member
Bolt pattern on the firewall is different for the clutch master cylinder? Interesting.

If that wasn't an issue, then even making a simple inline brake line adapter could "re-route" the line back into a non-side matching master.

G

Staff member
I can get you the part, send me a pm. Do you have cruise?

image.png

Last edited:

G

Staff member
If you don't have cruise this should be it >> click MB012077

Last edited:
I just double checked and the car is w/o cruise. I ordered a rebuild kit through RockAuto for a USDM '91. But I will also order a pair of these seals from JNZ. Thanks Guys

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting G:

image.png

There is the clip shown in the box labeled 20110 in the illustrations. Did you remove that?

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
You may have some corrosion in there. You can soak it or try compressed air through a line hole. Don't look in the end when trying that method.

I'll try that and see what happens, only other thing I can think of is to drill a hole in the piston to put a screw in to pull it out since it might have a plastic collar like the replacement.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Classifieds Listings