The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Comp cam users

dsmless

Any comp cam users please chime in.
I have a set of 101300, ran the set straight up with out adjustable cam gears when the car was manual. Today was the first time that I started my car up since the auto swap. At first the idle was very rough, still at 800 but very lopey. Vacum was at -10, so tried to drive around the block and it stalls coming to a stop, the vacumn is just not there. No other settings in link have been changed, so looks like will toss in the stockers for now until so i can drive my car around, sh*t its been 2 years.
Any other comp cam users please chime in. From what I have searched, there kinda close to BC280s

AllanL

got the FP2/101200...

have you tried checking the base timing if still same as stock?

mine got retarded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif after the cam swap [using stock cam gears]

so had to reset the base timing.

vacuum improved as well.

dsmless

Yes, my timing was retarded 8 * , set it back to stock. Adjusted the biss and rechecked timing/ignition timing. Still not good. It will idle but as soon as I put it in gear it dies. Must be to aggressive cam for the auto

fuel

what are you using to control the auto? make sure the torque converter lock up clutch isn't engaging. I had an E35A auto Galant that would stall immediately when put into drive (and reverse would not engage) - turns out the TCU was faulty (leaking caps) and was engaging the lock up clutch immediately, or over-riding the control of engaging reverse gear. With the TCU unplugged and the trans reverting to fail-safe mode reverse was functional and while the forward gear was limited to just the third gear, it no longer was stalling.

thruarod

I have the FP3X cams in my car degreed to what they recommend on the card. My car idles like stock (which I hate). It is a 2.4L though..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned