The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Kelford 264 Cams

prove_it

Been searching to get some basic info, but I thought I'd ask anyway to get everyones opinion.
My current set-up is as follows:
Wiseco 8.5:1 Comp with eagle rods
Lightly ported head, just blended bowls with knife edged dividers
BC Valve springs and retainers
1mm oversized stainless valves
Cyclone intake manifold set at 4200
2.25 in hard pipes with a medium sized IC
Ported 14B turbo at 13lbs
2.5 inch exhaust and downpipe (will be replaced with 3in in a few weeks)
stock intake cam with HKS 264 exhaust cam.
2nd gen ported exhaust manifold and ported stock o2 housing.
ECMLINK V3 running speed density

I have awesome power down low incredible spool and steady boost til redline. Pulls hard past 4600 rpms and stays steady with some loss after 6k. I'd like to keep my killer low end but increase the top end. Currently I'm hitting around 260 wheel on a rough tune. I plan on switching to a ported big 16G in a year or two, with E3 manifold and 02 housing. A friend of mine is offering me his Kelford 264 cams and I'm wondering if I should pick these up and run them now or wait, or would I be better off getting a HKS 264 intake cam. Either way the price would be the same so not an issue.

I appreciate any positive comments and guidance anyone can offer.
Thank you

Last edited:

JSchleim18

Do you know exactly which Kelford grind it is? Their newer version is a 264 intake 260 exhaust. Their lift IIRC is 11mm and 10.5mm respectively. Their older version I believe was 264/264 with a lower lift.

Either way I'd go with Kelford. Their lift is much better suited for higher RPM HP vs. the HKS.

RedTwo

Kelford will do custom grinds.
They also do a set for rally cars fitted with turbo restrictors, heaps down low and midrange but the restrictor kills off power above 5 or 6000 rpm.

prove_it

I'll be buying them used. How do they compare to HKS for low end?

JSchleim18

Same low end (duration dictates this)...better top end

prove_it

Would I have any issues with running BC springs and retainers, they won't bind right?

prove_it

How about lope? I want a very mild sounding exhaust setup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts