The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Defogger fuse- circuit question

prove_it

I have a 9amp parasitic draw. When I pull the defogger sub fuse in the underhood fuse box(the pink 30A one) the draw goes away. Does anyone know if that fuse supplies power to the defogger circuit only?

If so I'm pulling the fuse and worrying about that later.

prove_it

It's a factory system.... I'm looking for a power distribution schematic and couldn't find one. Curious if the defogger circuit is all that the fuse serves.

AllanL

yup, that 30A fuse supplies power to the defogger relay only.

Last edited:

prove_it

cool, thanks.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Relay may be stuck. I had one corroded.

prove_it

Replaced it with oem last year. The defogger grid doesn't even work either. It stopped this last winter. 9A draw is really high too. Maybe someday I'll get around to it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sad.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned